Special Education Resource Room -High School
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
The Oak Park School District has one (1) opening for a Special Education Resource Room Teacher at Oak Park High School for the 2016-2017 school year.
1.Possess Bachelors and or Masters Degree.
2.Possess a standard Special Education Michigan Teaching Certification.
3.Prefer to also have secondary Math Endorsement, or meet HOUSSE Option.
4.Must meet Highly Qualified standards for Special Education.
5.Applicants must have proper certification for this position. Multiple approvals are desirable.
- Teach the district curriculum appropriate for the subjects and grade level assigned.
- Maintain proper forms and records as required by the District and the State.
- Maintain proper classroom discipline.
- Maintain communications with parents, students and staff.
- Administer appropriate standardized tests such as MEAP, MI-Access and Brigance.
- Participate in in-service training as assigned.
- Participate on School and Department Committees.
- Participate in school related activities.
- Implement the inclusion of special education students to General Education.
- Any other duties assigned by the Principal, Director or designee.
This position is part of the Oak Park Association Bargaining Unit.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING ONLY
All interested applicants must apply to the position on-line at: www.oakparkschools.org, complete the Teacher application and upload all necessary documents. All letters of interest and / or resumes must be received no later than Thursday, January 12, 2017, by 4:00 p.m.