Eagle Lake Elementary Multi-Age Teacher
Edwardsburg Public Schools, a worldwide AdvancED accredited and National Blue Ribbon district, is accepting applications for a full-time, dynamic, energetic 2-3 Multi-Age Teacher for second semester (January 30, 2017). The successful candidate will maintain a positive learning environment, effectively hold high academic expectations, and create a student-centered classroom while building rapport with students, parents, and staff.
The person selected for this position will be the one who offers the best combination of training, experience, and attributes in accordance with the following:
• Hold a valid Michigan Elementary teacher certificate (K-5).
• Endorsement in Early Childhood (ZS) preferred.
• Meet "Highly Qualified" teacher standard of NCLB/ESSA
• Successful experience as an elementary teacher, student teacher, or substitute teacher.
• Experience implementing early literacy practices, such as literacy centers, guided reading, Running Records, Fundations, and Writer’s Workshop.
• Knowledge of scope and sequence of curriculum.
• Ability to recognize and respond to individual differences.
• Ability to implement a variety of instructional and assessment methods.
• Good classroom management skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated interest in personal professional development.
• Experience as a collaborative team participant.
• Complete (at applicant’s expense) State-mandated Criminal Background Check
A. Plan and deliver the Michigan Academic Standards using evidence-based instructional strategies
B. Provide and maintain an orderly classroom environment
C. Possess a working knowledge of formative and summative assessment strategies that align with the Common Core State Standards and can be used to monitor student achievement and growth
D. Work independently and cooperatively in the teaching mode
E. Perform other duties as assigned by administrator
Apply To: Candidates who are qualified and wish to be considered for this position must submit an AppliTrack online application at www.edwardsburgpublicschools.org that includes a letter of application/resume, Michigan Teaching Certificate, MTTC Scores, and three (3) letters of reference and a copy of your transcripts and credentials with attention to: Ms. Deb Becraft, Eagle Lake Elementary School Principal. EOE