DATE POSTED: January 13, 2020
- Prior Technology Experience in a Michigan Public School Required.
- Experience with managing a Windows Server Environment
- Experience with managing Active Directory
- Experience with managing Google Enterprise Environment
- Experience with managing Network Switching.
In addition to performing the duties of a Level 1 Technician, the Technology Specialist is responsible for maintaining the district’s LAN & WAN infrastructure. This entails installation, configuration and management of all network hardware including all network switches, routers and the district wireless infrastructure. The Network Specialist provides a second level support solution to technicians as needed for network issues as the direct point of contact for such issues that arise during and after regular business hours.
Primary Area of Responsibility
Additional Areas of Responsibility
Network Switch/Router Management
- Second level responder to network related issues to minimize downtime with failure of any network equipment.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot all Extreme Summit access switches in the district.
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or replace defective network components and modules.
- Work closely with multiple vendors for Core/Distribution switch maintenance, district wireless changes/upgrades, and major infrastructure alterations.
- VLAN configuration involved with network routing.
- Setup and configure network connectivity including DHCP.
- Conduct auditing on network hardware to plan out future hardware upgrades.
- Perform IOS upgrades on switches and routers.
- Work with vendor’s for district wide enterprise wireless deployment
- Integrate the new system into our network hardware.
- Responsible for the management of wireless controllers.
- SSID/WLAN management
- Manage access control and authentication protocol including 802.1x (domain) authentication (RADIUS Server/GPO configuration).
- Conduct firmware updates, traffic monitoring, and security management.
- Troubleshoot wireless problems.
- Plan future upgrades and meet with vendors for such alterations.
- Install and configure new access points.
- Install, configure and manage wireless bridges to connect network segments that have physical wiring limitations to attain remote network access (signs, portable offices, etc.)
Data Center & LAN/WAN Topology
- Manage network core and switch configuration to interface with network servers.
- Assist Network Administrator for migrations, upgrades, and changes made to network infrastructure that resides in the district data center.
- Maintain MDF, IDF, and network topology throughout the district
- Plan upgrades to existing IDFs and creation of new IDFs.
- Cable management, identification, and UPS monitoring.
- Maintain IEEE LAN standards for the NHCS network.
VoIP Configuration and Management
- Install, configure and maintain network voice gateways.
- Configure analog to IP conversions (fax lines, call boxes, emergency lines, etc.).
- Install fax modules and other analog devices on the network.
- Maintain building failover calling in cases of network disruptions.
- Manage call route groups for through CUCM.
- Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Emergency Responder programming.
- Program network switches to report if there is any network failure via email.
- Will be working closely with team to assure E911 compliance.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor for Technology and Operations
Consults & Cross-trains with:
- Supervisor for Technology & Operations
- Network Administrator
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with the policy of the Board of Education and Administrative Guidelines.
DEADLINE: Internal/External Candidates deadline is Tuesday, January 28, 2020 (or until Filled) *internal candidates submit a letter of interest to the Superintendent
Please send letter of interest, resume, transcripts, certificate and references via email as one complete PDF file to:
Mrs. Barbara VanSweden, Superintendent
New Haven Community Schools
30375 Clark St. PO Box 482000
New Haven, MI 48048-2000
Electronic submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please contact Danielle Ratajczyk @ 586-749-5123