Payroll and Benefits Assistant - Central Office
Payroll and Benefits Assistant (Michigan)
The HR team is looking for a detailed, friendly and mathematical, Payroll and Benefits Assistant, who has a love for kids. This position is responsible for supporting all aspects of the payroll operations and benefits for approximately 800 employees. This role will work with the school leadership and employees to deliver exemplary and accurate service.
Employment: Full-time, salary, competitive benefits package, year-round, some travel throughout Michigan.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics or another related field.
- Very detailed and accurate.
- Strong relational skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks toward timely completions.
- Basic understanding of payroll processes, tax issues, etc.
- Knowledge of wage withholding orders and garnishments.
- Basic understanding of benefits administration, including new ACA requirements
- Demonstrate a history of strategic thinking, intellectual curiosity, collaboration, and adaptability competencies.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the management of data (formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
- Assist with processing payroll for about 800 employees.
- Assist in audit and compliance activities.
- Manage customer problem resolution and escalation.
- Identify and provide improvements as needed
- Maintain departmental processes, procedures, and controls.
- Support with vendor relationships and ensure vendors are accountable for escalated issues.
- Provide technical and decision-making expertise related to technology solutions
- Implement payroll initiatives to ensure the payroll department is leveraging technology and services to reduce costs and efficiencies.
- Assist in payroll and benefit related tasks for new acquisitions to ensure smooth transitions.
- Maintain strong customer relationships to ensure the immediate resolution of problems as well as being responsive to future needs.
- Implement new software as needed and work with programmers to mold payroll software to our company's needs.
- Assist with Annual Enrollment end to end process including annual improvements and reporting
- Demonstrated communication and change management skills, including the ability to effectively translate technical and operational jargon/concepts for a large audience, and to effectively and proactively inform, convince, influence, and educate all staff on all benefits and payroll.
TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM