District Curriculum Supervisor - Part Time
NOTICE OF VACANCY
District Curriculum Supervisor/Instructional Coach
New Haven Administration Building – Central Office
DATE POSTED: January 8, 2020
- Master’s Degree or higher, with a certification in elementary or secondary education and administration.
- Building level Administrative experience
- Educational leader with outstanding oral and written communication and human relation skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to prioritize many tasks and responsibilities at one time.
- Minimum of five years of successful teaching experience
- Knowledge of current education issues
- Ability to identify and model effective instructional behavior in the classroom setting
- Experience with designing curriculum
- Experience with developing and implementing a professional development plan
- Oriented to the use of research and data analysis
- Oriented to the use of instructional technology and integration in the classroom setting
- Ability to work effectively with staff, students and community
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates communication, coordination and collaboration between and across the scope of PreK-12 curriculum and instruction.
- Utilizes a toolkit of active coaching strategies at the building level
- Works with teachers and administrators in planning and executing inservice activities related to ongoing curriculum and instructional development within the school district.
- Facilitates grade/department level academic meetings to deepen teacher understanding of Michigan Standards
- Serves as a resource to colleagues by providing expertise in assessment, differentiated instruction and research based best practices.
- Facilitates student data analysis with team of teachers and administrators to identify trends, identify the root of student misunderstanding and adapt instruction to support all students in making progress toward learning targets.
- Works with district level curriculum teams to select curriculum resources that align with Michigan Standards.
- Supervises and administers grants, assessment and school/district improvement.
- Attends job-related professional development
Commensurate with experience at a part time salary.
Superintendent for planning and executing curriculum initiatives, professional development and coaching support.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with the policy of the Board of Education and Administrative Guidelines.
DEADLINE: Internal Candidates deadline is Wednesday, January 22, 2020 *internal candidates submit a letter of interest to the Superintendent
External Candidates deadline is Wednesday, January 22, 2020 (or until filled)
Please send letter of interest, resume, transcripts, certificate and references via email as one complete PDF file to:
Mrs. Barbara VanSweden, Superintendent
New Haven Community Schools
30375 Clark St. PO Box 482000
New Haven, MI 48048-2000
Electronic submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please contact Danielle Ratajczyk @ 586-749-5123