Employment Opportunity ~ Business Manager
The Ishpeming Public School District announces an employment opportunity for the position of Business Manager. Primary responsibility shall be the financial management and accounting procedures of the District.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business management.
- Two to three years’ experience in Michigan public school finance is preferred.
- Supervise and manage all financial and accounting operations of the District
- Assist the Superintendent in the development and implementation of the District annual budget
- Assist the Superintendent in the long-range financial planning of the District
- Manage the District investment of funds
- Manage the collection, deposits, and distribution of funds
- Manage payroll operations
- Manage accounts payable operations
- Manage the District’s insurance programs for both employees and property
- Arrange for internal auditing of school accounts
- Maintain petty cash
- Manage the District tax-sheltered annuity program, and other employee deductions.
- Approve vouchers and invoices
- Calculate employee salary, wages, and fringe benefits
- Ensure the distribution of the District’s wage and tax statement to employee, and files wage tax statement with government agencies.
- Administer the early retirement program, and retired employee benefits
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, and computer skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Must maintain confidentially at all times
- Must maintain all requirements necessary to satisfy state certification for the position
The Board of Education may elect to employ an individual with such alternative qualifications that the Board may find to be acceptable and appropriate.
Applications are due no later than 12:00 p.m. on January 23, 2020, and should be submitted to:
Mrs. Carrie Meyer
Ishpeming Public School District No. 1
319 East Division Street
Ishpeming, MI 49849
The Ishpeming Public School District Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.