Elementary Teacher - Grade 2
Please apply online at https://jps.munisselfservice.com/.
GRADE 2 TEACHER
Essential Duties And Responsibilities: (Does not include all tasks employee may be expected to perform.)
- Teaches district-adopted curriculum
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the District.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains reasonable standards and procedures for pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps accurate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinates the work of par pros, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Creates an environment of learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student’s work.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be qualified to perform essential duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.’
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, and parents; skill in oral and written communication.
Education And/Or Experience:
- Four-year degree from an accredited teacher preparation program.
- Valid teaching certificate in area of study.
- MDE endorsements as necessary for job assignment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (if applicable):
- K-5 (K-8 SCC)
Physical Demands (if applicable): The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. (Example: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or push up to 50 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and continuously will repeat the same hand, arm or finger motion many times as in typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception.)
- Supervises classroom, students, student aides, parent helpers or other volunteers.