Athletic/Activity Center Evening Coordinator
The ideal candidate will be interested in recreation management, exercise management, education, youth development, non-profit leadership, community development, or a related field.
This position is responsible for direct customer service; performing multiple tasks related to daily operations, including some light office work and program support; maintenance and general functions of and within the VAC. Work schedule will primarily be nights, weekends and additional hours as necessary to complete job responsibilities or to participate in special events. This position can be shared between two people with a consistent schedule or can be one full-time job. Hour rate to be determined, based on qualifications ($13-$16.50/hr).
Proposed SCHEDULED HOURS to be split between two positions:
Monday - Friday: 3:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday: 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Assists with opening and closing of the building/facility including opening, closing, and locking doors and windows according to an outlined process.
- Supervises and maintains an orderly atmosphere in the VAC and the VAC grounds including: hallways, rooms, gym and turf space, café, large group meeting room, fitness rooms, and other areas within the building.
- Oversight of custodial maintenance quality. Including condition of all surfaces, when scheduled, to include: resurfacing of surfaces, edging, painting, installing logos, etc. and equipment.
- Provides administrative, professional and technical guidance to volunteers as needed, which includes supervision, in the absence of management including: answering phone calls, completing registrations for programs, project completion and/or follow-up, and handling patron inquiries politely and efficiently.
- Provides supervision to custodians, recreation instructors and program assistants in the absence of management staff in addition to supporting management initiatives to maintain a safe and clean facility.
- Maintains facility usage schedules by monitoring scheduled programs and room rental agreements, including setting up and break down tables, chairs, and recreational equipment for scheduled activities.
- Shares ideas, builds programs, identifies opportunities, contributes to community development, participates in program building discussions, and understands the impact on community involvement in youth and adult success.
- Interest in retail sales and development to include marketing, promotions, design, clothing, and other marketing opportunities
- Oversees programs and activities in various rooms including gymnasium, fitness room, multipurpose rooms, and/or rentals.
- Helps promote programs of the center and department and collects ongoing feedback.
- Processes program registration and reports using RecPro system and other school management software to include maintenance requests, technology help desk requests, security camera review.
- Develops, trains, and coordinates a cadre of volunteers to build a community-minded VAC
- Informs management of unsafe conditions and needed repairs to lighting, heating, and physical structure. Performs minor repairs to equipment as required and able.
- Completes accident and/or incident reports and communicate problem situations with supervisors (including customer relation issues, injuries, employee relations, and/or security concerns).
- Performs duties to ensure that the exterior and interior areas of the building and grounds are well maintained, which may include assisting in light custodial duties, if necessary, such as garbage removal, sweeping, mopping, wiping, cleaning tables and windows, minor repairs, etc.
- Maintains supplies and equipment inventories.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma, GED, or higher and must possess work experience in office management/facility maintenance/recreation management or be enrolled in a program that supports the essential functions listed above.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Must be willing and able to obtain First Aid/CPR/AED certification prior to employment and maintain it as a condition of employment.
- Ability to demonstrate competency and general operating knowledge of personal and business computing skills, communication tools, google apps, Microsoft Office, calculator, and general office management skills
- Ability to read manuals (safety, instructional, etc.) professional and technical journals and apply instruction and narrative if required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram; to deal with problems in a variety of situations.
- Ability to exhibit minimum mathematical skill usually associated with monetary units
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and public
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, materials, equipment and safety precautions used in recreational facilities, including ability to understand athletic program needs
- Ability to operate hand and power tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to greet the public in a courteous manner.
Apply with your resume and references via email to email@example.com