English Language Arts and Yearbook Teacher (Full-time)
Portland Public School
POSITION: English Language Arts and Yearbook Teacher (Full-time)
LOCATION: High School
1. Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate for grades 9-12 with an endorsement in English (BA) or Language Arts (BX).
2. Highly qualified to teach the above subjects as per No Child Left Behind (NCLB) requirements
1. Endorsements/Certifications in other applicable areas, grades K-12.
2. Experience working with high school yearbook software.
3. Knowledge of MTSS and PBIS to support student needs.
4. Experience in working with special needs students
5. Working knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Excellent organizational skills
8. Willingness to coach or serve as an advisor for extracurricular activities
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Salary and benefits per Master Agreement between Portland Education Association and the Board of Education
2. Must have fingerprints scanned electronically and submitted to Michigan State Police prior to hire.
Letter of application, resume, and copies of credentials to:
Ms. Christine Rockey
Portland High School
1100 Ionia Road
Portland, MI 48875
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 20, 2019 or until filled
No person applying for employment at Portland Public Schools shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination during any program or activity or in employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.