PRESCHOOL AIDE / DAYCARE PROVIDER / CAREGIVER - 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Fraser Public Schools
Position: PRESCHOOL AIDE / DAYCARE PROVIDER / CAREGIVER - 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Location: Dooley Center
Salary: In Accordance with the Negotiated Para Professional Contract
Reports To: Director of Early Childhood
- • High School diploma/GED required.
- Previous experience in a licensed (or registered) facility for childcare or preschool preferred but not required.
- • Physical capability to perform duties required (including but not limited to lifting and transporting children, ability to navigate a classroom and school, etc.) required.
- • Evidence of freedom from communicable tuberculosis within one year previous to employment required.
- • Ability to communicate effectively with parents/guardians required.
- • Availability for after hour activities required.
- • Meet any and all qualifications of the State of Michigan licensing rules for child care centers.
- • Be of responsible character suitable to meet the needs of children required.
JOB GOAL: Assist in providing safe, nurturing, supportive care and stimulating educational activities for children.
1. Assist in maintenance of a clean, healthy environment in classroom and anywhere food is served.
2. Be available to work from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
3. Assist with activities.
4. Attend building staff meetings and professional development, as requested.
5. Communicate effectively with parents/guardians.
6. Attend after hour activities (Family Fun Nights, Open House, Meet the Staff, etc.).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a school year position only.
EVALUATION: Participate in and accept annual performance reviews
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally ft into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES.THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.
Revision Date 03/10/17