Ingham Intermediate school district
Salary Range/ Level:
$37,090- $74,758 per year
(commensurate with experience)
2019-20 IIPSA Salary Schedule
Terms of Employment:
38 weeks/year, 5 days/week,
Friday, December 6, 2019
Friday, December 20, 2019 at 4:00 pm
A completed online application is REQUIRED. (See application instructions at
Ingham ISD under Employment.)
Resume and cover letter may be:
- Attached within the online application (preferred)
- Faxed: (517) 676-4294
- Emailed: email@example.com
- Mailed: Ingham ISD, Human Resources
2630 W Howell Road, Mason, MI 48854
Under the direction of the administrator, the Cosmetology Instructor will provide a comprehensive and high quality program of study which prepares students for a career, future learning, and leadership in Cosmetology. Please see website for full description.
- Bachelor’s degree with a teaching major in cosmetology desired. Cosmetology Instructor’s license is required.
- Must have ability to obtain an Annual Career Authorization and willingness to obtain a CTE teaching certificate in Cosmetology within ten years.
- Five years recent and relevant work experience in Cosmetology.
- Advanced training in the field of Cosmetology desired.
- Extensive knowledge of the Cosmetology industry including but not limited to hair, nail, skin care, scheduling techniques, cost accounting, inventory control, and Michigan training and licensing requirements.
- Ability and willingness to work with a diverse population of students including special population students.
- Demonstrated competence with verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated competence with problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to various situations and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic computer technologies and software packages.
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting with multiple colleagues and partners, including local school districts and professionals from the Cosmetology field.
- Effective planning and organization skills.
- Experience with record keeping.
Classroom consists of a salon for hands-on experience with attached storage area and instructor’s office. Also attached is a lecture classroom. Strong odors and moderate noises at times.
Preceding data are intended to convey information essential to making fair pay decisions about the job, and are not exhaustive lists of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
Notice of Non-discrimination
It is the policy of Ingham Intermediate School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender/sex, age, disability, height, weight, marital status, or lack of English language speaking skills, in its programs, services or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 2630 West Howell Road, Mason, MI, 48854. (517) 244-1289.