School Social Worker
FRUITPORT COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
NOTICE OF INTENT TO EMPLOY (Updated 12/5/19)
POSITION: School Social Worker
LOCATION: Elementary - Beach and Shettler Elementary Schools
- Must possess a valid Michigan School Social Work certificate or be eligible for same.
- Must have satisfactory rating in most recent performance evaluation (formal or informal.)
- Experience with the K-12 population in a school setting.
- Experience with both individual counseling and classroom guidance programming.
- Experience with Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS)
- Experience/able to demonstrate knowledge in facilitating the writing and implementation of student behavior management plans.
- Experience/able to demonstrate knowledge in the evaluation/identification of special education eligibility.
- Experience/able to demonstrate knowledge regarding human service agencies.
- Must meet or exceed MDE accreditation standards.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member who consults and collaborates with other school personnel in gathering and giving information on a case, and in establishing and planning for respective roles in the modification of the student’s behavior.
- Performs casework service with parents as an integral part of the task of helping students, to increase the parents’ understanding, their constructive participation in resolving their child’s problems, and their knowledge and use of appropriate resources available.
- Makes home visits for gathering helpful information on a student’s background.
- Assists students directly toward adjustment to school.
- Must follow and implement all Board of Education policies, administrative guidelines and building regulations.
- Willing to perform other duties as necessary and/or directed by the principal/supervisor.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position may do by sending a letter of interest to Superintendent, Bob Szymoniak, 3255 E. Pontaluna Rd, Fruitport, MI 49415.
External candidates may apply online or in person, paper applications are available at Central Office on the West end of Edgewood Elementary. To apply online, create an Applitrack account and submit the application at Muskegon Applitrack.
DATE OF POSTING: December 5, 2019
DATE POSTING ENDS: December 16, 2019
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, height, weight, marital or family status, religion, military status ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.