English as a Second Language Teacher
English as a Second Language (“ESL”) Teacher
Shared Position at East Hills Middle School & West Hills Middle School
2019-2020 School Year
Applications are being accepted for English as a Second Language Teacher 1.0 FTE share position at East Hills Middle School and West Hills Middle. This is a Bloomfield Hills Education Association (“BHEA”) bargaining unit position
Responsible to: Building Principal
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and teach best practice ESL core instruction in reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Collaborate regularly with general education teachers about the social and academic language needs of EL students
- Inform general education staff about the cultural and linguistic background of EL students and families
- Support district-wide staff development on English language instruction and cultural awareness
- Serve as a guide for the US school system for the families of EL students
- Support at-home literacy and language learning through conferences with EL families and family education
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- In-depth knowledge of language acquisition and best practice instructional strategies for ELS.
- Effective one-on-one, small & large group communication skills.
- Successful ESL teaching experience.
- Evidence of life-long learning with a passion for continued growth.
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate with K-12 ESL (NS) endorsement.
- Multiple years of teaching experience preferred.
- SIOP training preferred.
COMPENSATION BENEFITS: Pursuant to the BHEA bargaining unit agreement.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
METHOD OF APPLICATION: All applicants, who want to be considered for this position, must submit an application at: https://ats4.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=JA000529
It is the policy of the Bloomfield Hills Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws, in its programs, services, activities, or employment practices. Inquiries related to discrimination on the basis of disability should be directed to the Section 504 Coordinator: Director of Special Education, 7273 Wing Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301, (248) 341-5415. Direct all other inquiries related to discrimination to: Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Labor Relations, 7273 Wing Lake Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301, (248) 341-5425.