Deputy Superintendent of Business and Operations
Organization: Grosse Pointe Public Schools
Location: Grosse Pointe, MI
Pay Range: $123,589 to $145,845
This position is responsible for leading, planning and controlling the business affairs and financial management of the school district in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and school district policy. This includes financial analysis, internal and external reporting, cash management, budgeting, financial accounting, financial forecasting, purchasing, contract administration, payroll and fringe benefits, capital projects and bonding. This leadership position supervises finance office personnel, technology department, Director of Buildings and Grounds, and transportation services. Serves on the Superintendent’s Cabinet.
- Direct district fiscal functions and provide general administration of all accounting functions including internal controls.
- Prepare and monitor all district budgets using a collaborative approach, including long-range financial planning.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of monthly district financial reports and ensure they meet all local, state, and federal requirements including timely submission.
- Provide supervision and leadership of physical plant and operation, technology, pupil accounting, food service and transportation contracts.
- Effectively communicate and work with the Board of Education regarding financial reporting and other business and financial matters
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
- The position requires knowledge normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or institution in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related job experience or expertise in accounting or applied financial leadership is required. Previous experience in a school environment is preferred.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is preferred, but not required.
- Possess or willing to obtain the Michigan School Business Officials Chief Financial Officer Certification.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
- Knowledge of software and operations of computerized financial accounting systems.
- Strong leadership, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Broad knowledge of financial management, accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and investing.
- Excellent financial and business acumen, with the ability to quickly assimilate numbers and reports and provide well-reasoned, thoughtful, and succinct reports and recommendations.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Ability to organize integrated systems and processes; ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to plan, supervise, review, and evaluate the work of business office staff, technology leadership, Director of Buildings and Grounds, and independent contractors.
- Ability to meet all requirements necessary to satisfy state certification for the position.
To Apply: Please complete the online application at: https://hiringsolutionsllc.com/msbo/Deputy_Superintendent_of_Business_and_Operations
Required with Application: Cover letter, resume, business references, and transcripts
The District shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation or transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.