School Social Worker
The Oscoda Area Schools announces the need for a School Social Worker
Position: School Social Worker – Full or Part Time
Effective Date: 2020-2021 School Year
Salary: Competitive Based on Qualifications and Experience in the Field
* Must hold a Michigan license for School Social Work
* MSW in Social Work preferred
* Ability to work well on multidisciplinary team
* Must excel in problem solving, have a sense of humor, and a desire to provide
only the highest quality services
* Explicit and relentless focus on outcomes
* Experience working as a school social worker highly desirable but not required
* Experience with Response to Intervention (RTI) and Positive Behavior Intervention
Supports (PBIS) preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Working with students and families to support students’ behavioral and academic
success. Setting ambitious goals for improvement for students and implementing
whatever interventions are necessary to help students meet those goals.
* Handling behavioral health crises that take place in the school.
* Managing child abuse reporting for the school and communication with the
Department of Human Services.
* Serving as the school’s primary liaison with outside agencies and providers.
* Serving students who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
* Conducting home visits that support parents and families.
* Coordinating the school’s student assistance program and other school-wide
* Conducting specialized individual and group counseling services to address
specific emotional, social, and behavioral needs of students and improves their
outcomes in the classroom.
* Maintaining professional documentation of services and referrals provided to
students and families.
Questions: Should be directed to Scott Moore, Superintendent at (989) 739-2033.
All interested applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume, copies of certification, transcripts, and list of references, plus any other supportive materials for review and consideration to:
Michael P. Barnhart, District General Manager
Board of Education Office
Oscoda Area Schools (989) 739-2033 Telephone
3550 East River Road (989) 739-2325 Fax
Oscoda, Michigan 48750
Only applicants submitting information requested to above address will be considered.