High School Restorative Justice Coordinator
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Mason Consolidated Schools
- Intervention Support and Restorative Justice Coordinator
- Research, develop, and lead restorative justice practices to support all students.
- Assist administrators in developing and supporting a safe and responsive school culture.
- Build and foster positive relationships with identified students to promote an engaging and productive learning environment for social and emotional growth.
- Participate in the school wide MTSS process and help support staff with student behavioral and emotional needs.
- Interact positively with student groups by leading leadership seminars and different support groups.
- Engage in professional development, stay current with the best school practices and research in the field of MTSS and Restorative Justice practices.
- Display passion and optimism, inspire, respect and express enthusiasm, enjoyment and humor
- Connect with students and demonstrate care for them while supporting the implementation of the schools MTSS process for academic, behavioral and emotional concerns.
- Works with school leaders and staff to preserve the safety and integrity of the learning climate while maximizing students’ opportunities to learn.
- Confers with teachers to implement practices that promote a students’ sense of belonging and academic engagement.
- Works with teachers and school leaders to review student data including disciplinary infractions.
- Communicates effectively with parents and includes them in the support process.
- Coordinates and implements restorative justice practices that teach students proactive problem solving skills and coping mechanisms.
- Display willingness to make decisions: exhibit sound and accurate judgement, support and explain reasoning for decisions with research/proof to back up those decisions.Be able to make timely decisions include appropriate people in the process.
- Approach others in a tactful manner.React well under pressure while treating others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Knowledge of restorative circles and how to implement and properly facilitate to solve and prevent conflict.