Executive Director of Technology
RESPONSIBLE TO: Saginaw ISD Superintendent
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- One (1) Full-time position, 260-day position.
- Salary: $99,392 - $123,677.
- Competitive compensation package with salary commensurate with the education and experience of the candidate. A two-year contract with provisions for annual review and evaluation will be offered. A fringe benefit package is offered which includes health, dental, vision, life, and long term disability insurances.
INTERVIEW SCHEDULE: Qualified candidates should be available for interviews on December 19, 2019, in the afternoon or evening.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Executive Director of Technology is a lead cabinet/administrative position under the supervision of the Superintendent with responsibilities for the planning and supervision of all technology services and initiatives of the district.
- Creates, plans and executes vision for SISD Technology, Saginet, and REMC 9.
- Directs all technology budgets, strategic and technical planning, business processes, and technology infrastructure design and management.
- Oversees planning, implementation, and operations of technology infrastructures, contracts, and service agreements with a focus on security and stability for all computing and data systems.
- Advances the integration of technology into instruction to benefit all students; working directly with classroom teachers, building administrators, etc.
- Establishes critical processes, policies, and procedures that support stable, secure, and accessible technology resources and services.
- Works collaboratively on state and regional initiatives including, but not limited to METL, REMC, RITS, MAEDS, etc.; develops and fosters collaborations between districts, counties, and statewide organizations.
- Oversees help desk operations and technical consultation to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Fosters, facilitates, and supports a positive climate and culture within the Technology Department, with Cabinet colleagues, among the Leadership team, and across the SISD family with a focus on equity and inclusion.
- Participates and assumes an active role in the district’s improvement process including the current Transformation Zone work and the Regional Implementation Team.
- Responsible for the technology management of the District including making recommendations to the Superintendent for program and building improvements, updated equipment and/or reductions of such in order to maintain long-term technology integrity and capacity.
- Acts as advisor to the Superintendent on all questions relating to the technology affairs of the District.
- Stays current with respect to State legislative issues and acts as a resource to LEA Superintendents and Technology officials. Facilitates county technology directors’ round table discussions with respect to current technology related matters. Acts as an advocate for high quality systems and implementation of goals approved by the Saginet consortium.
- Provides support and leadership for technology in the form of monthly meetings. Provides support for direct LEA technology services as requested. Direct supports may lead to a contract for services.
- Supervises technology operations, services, and supports in compliance with all Board policies, State and Federal regulations and reporting requirements (HIPAA, FERPA, etc.).
- In coordination with the district’s finance office prepare accurate invoices for contracted services and collaboratively purchased equipment and systems.
- Oversees all Technology purchasing activities, in collaboration with the district finance office collects and maintains district contracts with third parties; ensures that all contract agreements are updated annually.
- Attends Board meetings and prepares such reports for the Board as requested by the Superintendent.
- Responsible for preparation of special reports, other reports as requested, and studies and execution of projects assigned by the Superintendent.
- Responsible for recommending the selection and implementation of an annual inventory process and procedures for district purchased technology equipment, servers, infrastructure, etc. including a system to manage the assignment and collection of district owned technology equipment.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent.
- Master’s degree or willingness to complete within a reasonable time period required. Candidates with degrees in school administration and experience in a similar position will be given consideration.
- Broad experience in leading a technology department of a school district, governmental agency, or business.
- Strong background in technology skills with a knowledge of networking preferred. Possess working knowledge of the evolving field of technology and its uses for instructional practices and management, including district and virtual learning.
- Familiarity with current and emerging technology issues impacting ISDs and local districts related to instruction and related technological areas.
- Experience in writing and/or securing external funding.
- Ability to plan, direct and evaluate the work of others. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively work with staff, students, parents and members of the community and people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a decision-making system that utilizes teams and collaborative processes. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to have a positive attitude in working with students, parents, other staff members, and community members.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and perform tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and make decisions in accordance with board policies and established administrative operating procedures.
- Ability to deal with constant and diverse changes in daily job responsibilities.
- Ability to work within district timelines.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants must complete and submit an online Saginaw Intermediate School District application. In addition to the online application, applicants are required to submit electronically a cover letter, resume, at least three (3) letters of recommendation, and copies of transcripts. An application may be obtained online by going to:
- SISD website at: www.sisd.cc and clicking on “Employment”.
- Click on “APPLY” under the Frontline Education section.
- Click on “Start an application for employment”.
- Inside the Saginaw Area Consortium – Employment Application box, under the “Activities for you” either click on “Start” or “Login”.
Frontline Job ID: 2500