Speech & Language Pathologist (.5 FTE)
OAKRIDGE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
MUSKEGON, MI 49442
November 20, 2019
SPEECH & LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (.5 FTE)
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with SB Endorsement or Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology and a Valid Certificate of Clinical Competence preferred.
- Speech/Language therapy experience with the Preschool - 12 school population, including children with Autism and Hearing Impairments.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, augmentative communication, including assistive technology devices.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, a variety of evaluation instruments for assessing articulation and language skills.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the eligibility process and individualized educational planning process in special education.
- Must follow district and state curricula and assessment requirements.
- Collaborate with general education teachers, ancillary staff, administration, parents and any necessary community agencies to support student needs.
- Ability to work effectively with grade level/department/interdisciplinary teams, etc.
- Knowledge of and commitment to regularly use technology as an instructional tool to enhance teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate ability to develop an interdisciplinary approach to delivering instructional outcomes.
- Maintain required timelines when submitting and disseminating paperwork: IEPs, Medicaid billing, progress reports, etc.
- Schedule IEP meetings and ensure IEP implementation for caseload students.
- Input/active participation in building and district committee structure to develop new curricular guidelines for all areas.
- Follow and implement all Board of Education policies, administrative guidelines and building regulations.
- Willing to perform other duties as necessary and/or directed by the principal and or special education administrator.
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING: December 4, 2019 or until filled.
To be considered as a candidate, you must submit an online application by the deadline by going to www.oakridgeschools.org and clicking on Job Opportunities under Quick Links. Additional required documents must be uploaded including a cover letter, resume, most recent evaluation, three references, university transcripts, teaching certificate, and MTTC results.