Kalamazoo County Ready 4s is a community-designed organization focused on helping local public and private pre-kindergarten programs reach high quality; offering tuition assistance to qualifying families so they can afford to enroll their 4-year-olds in high-quality pre-kindergarten programs; and building a sustainable pre-kindergarten program for all 4-year-olds in Kalamazoo County. Their goal is to ensure that every 4-year-old, without exception, has the opportunity to attend a high-quality pre-kindergarten program.
The Executive Director is responsible for overall leadership, development, management and operation of the organization. Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading systems building to ensure quality care and educational services to children.
- Serving as champion for continuous improvement at the organizational and system levels, responding to data on results and processes.
- Developing and implementing a fund development plan for continued support of services.
- Developing strong partnerships with community organizations and service providers who also serve young children and their families.
- Interacting with community partners in regard to matters affecting KC Ready 4s, including Head Start and Great Start Readiness Program providers.
- Assisting in the development of organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for operations.
- Working closely with early care and education providers and other stakeholders to ensure they are provided with appropriate support systems and responsive, quality services.
- Handling contract management for essential services including development of reporting systems for contractors and establishing standards for outcomes.
- Performing managerial duties for administrative staff including hiring staff, managing work flow and performance and professional development.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, Non-Profit Management or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Administrative experience in a non-profit organization. Experience related to quality education initiatives highly preferred.
- Knowledge of research based high quality education practices and programs.
- Experience in grant writing. Experience with fund development highly desired.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Sheri Welsh at Sheri@welshandassociates.net or at 269-488-8837.