Early Literacy Intervention Specialist
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TITLE: Early Literacy Intervention Specialist
- High school diploma / GED.
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate preferred but not required.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To work with the classroom teachers to provide early literacy intervention and support to kindergarten through third grade students.
- Assists teachers in grades K – 3 with planned lessons, activities, and projects that promote literacy.
- Assists children in improving their reading skills and abilities to reach grade level expectations.
- Works one on one with students or in small groups as needed for maximum effectiveness of literacy instruction.
- Performs remediation and re-teaching using classroom teacher identified materials and online support software.
- Monitors student progress on a regular basis and report progress to classroom teacher.
- Under the direction of the teacher, organizes instructional materials and necessary interventions to support literacy skill development in the classroom.
- Communicates and interact with students in an age and developmentally appropriate way.
- Work collaboratively with classroom team to develop and maintain a safe,
nurturing, and positive environment for each child.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: School year position assigned to each elementary building. Workday consists of 3.25 hours, 5 days per week or 6.5 hours, 5 days per week.
EVALUATION: Evaluation of this job will be performed annually by the Building Principal.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES. THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.
Revision Date 11/18/2019