Secretary, Full Time - Upper Elementary (Grades 4-6)
POSITION: Full Time Building Secretary – Upper Elementary
LOCATION: Charlotte Public Schools, Upper Elementary
SALARY: $15.00 Hourly
ASSIGNMENT/RESPONSIBILITY: The Building Secretary performs a variety of administrative support and clerical functions for the Upper Elementary. The work assignment is 44 weeks per year, 40 hours per week.
The Building Secretary is the first ambassador of the school that the public encounters. This individual must remain flexible in nature, possess a positive attitude at all times, and maintain confidentiality regarding staff, students, and parents.
JOB FUNCTIONS: *Please note, this is not an all-encompassing list of responsibilities.
- Answer and direct office telephone calls or messages.
- Greets parents, visitors, and students to the office.
- Maintain budgets and requisitions for: School Improvement and building internal accounts.
- Maintain building personnel responsibilities:time sheets, sub days, business days, data base, service record changes, conference attendance by staff, etc.
- Monitor daily attendance of all staff, arrival of substitutes, notify principal of problems.
- Maintain and update CA 60's, including immunization reporting.
- Assist principal with student placements.
- Monitor the office: sorting of mail, required manuals, building keys, personnel data base, staff/student birthday list, notes home to students, daily announcements, field trip coordination, end of day messages, emergency procedures (fire, safety, and tornado procedures etc.),school picture day, yearbook, weekly bulletin, building newsletter, etc.
- Assist in the dispensing of medication (such as oral medication, testing blood for diabetes children, use of Epi-pens, and any other health-related requirement) and first aid.
- Type correspondence for building principal, PTO, and at the direction of the principal, type correspondence for teachers/professional staff.
- Prepare various reports such as Pupil Accounting and Attendance, Weekly School Communicable Disease report, Immunization reports, Non-Resident Children Under Count Jurisdiction report for children attending Charlotte Public Schools, and an annual Student Suspension Report.
- Verification of all student absences throughout State County Day and calling parents.
- Performs allied or related duties as assigned by principal.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree Preferred. High School Graduate (Minimum) At least 3 years of recent secretarial experience. Successful reference and employment checks. Ability and flexibility to deal well with students, staff, parents, and public.
DATE WANTED: 2019-2020 School Year
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Until Filled
TO APPLY: Please visit our website at www.charlottenet.org and complete an online application.
Charlotte Public Schools complies with all state and federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination and with all regulations of the U.S. Department of Education. It is the policy of Charlotte Board of Education that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, or handicap shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity for which it is responsible.