7-12 Social Studies Teacher
Strong belief that all students can and will be successful. Candidates must possess strong knowledge of effective ways to improve students history, social studies, and geography knowledge; able to plan effective, engaging lessons and use data to plan and adjust instruction; ability to interact positively and motivate students; able to work with colleagues to
improve student outcomes; willing to accept responsibility for student learning.
Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate for Social Studies (RX or CX endorsement preferred).
· Ability to plan effective, engaging lessons, and to use data to plan and adjust instruction
· Ability to work with colleagues and parents to improve student outcomes
· Demonstrates exceptional classroom management skills
· Excellent computer and presentation skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Sensitive to the needs of students of varying age groups
Terms of Employment
Full-time position (1.0 FTE) for 2019-2020 school year, with duties beginning immediately.
$34,599 to $56,880, depending on education and experience.
Please send resume, copy of teaching certificate, list of references, and letter of interest (through email preferred) to:
Principal of Lawrence Jr/Sr High School
650 West St. Joseph Street
Lawrence, MI 49064