Teacher for Students with Challenging Behaviors - Grades K-3rd
- Valid Michigan Elementary Teacher Certification with Special Education Endorsement preferred
- Successful student teaching or professional classroom experience
- Knowledge of disabilities and their educational implications.
- Understanding of implementing a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS).
- Understanding of curriculum design and instructional strategies.
- Knowledge of general and special education state/federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Plan, organize, and provide instruction to students individually, in small groups, and in the resource room environment with positive behavior interventions and plans.
- Appropriately utilize behavior management strategies and develop, implement, and incorporate appropriate behavioral management techniques.
- Evaluate student progress, collect data, and prepare reports that detail progress.
- Recommend changes in students’ school and classroom environments, consistent with their needs and capabilities to provide greater access to the general education curriculum.
- Work collaboratively with paraprofessionals.
- Adapt curriculum, support materials, and instructional strategies being applied in the general education setting
- Identify and access resources relevant to students with challenging behaviors.
- Attend Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation Team (MET) and Individualized Education Planning Team (IEPT) meetings when requested.
- Function as a part of the student’s team designing appropriate behavior plans.
- Willing to attend professional learning opportunities to keep current in best practices as it relates to providing a Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) to all students in need of behavioral intervention services.
- Maintain records per MTSS process.
Salary: Wages and benefits in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Chesaning Union School District and Chesaning Education Association MEA/NEA
Contact: Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, current teaching certificate, resume, transcripts and references to Sabrina Smith, Administrative Assistant by email email@example.com or mail to the address above.
Deadline: Until filled
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
The Chesaning Union School District does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of religion, race, color, veteran status, age, pregnancy, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity, height, weight, marital or family status, arrest record*, genetic information, ancestry, disability, or any other legally protected category. A person with a disability may allege a violation regarding failure to accommodate under the Michigan Persons with Disabilities Civil Rights Act only if the individual notifies the employing institution, in writing, of the need for accommodation within 182 days after the date on which person with a disability knew or reasonably should have known that an accommodation was needed. Written notification of the need for accommodation in the application or selection process and inquiries or complaints regarding this notice or the District’s policy of nondiscrimination should be directed to: Melinda Soule, Middle School Principal - Chesaning Union Schools, 431 N. Fourth St., Chesaning, MI 48616 989.845.7040 or Paula Peterson, Finance Director - Chesaning Union Schools, 850 N. Fourth St., Chesaning, MI 48616 989.845.7020. *in employment only