Special Education Teacher / Secondary
Position: Special Education Teacher / Secondary
Building: Middle School and/or High School
Reports to: Principal / Director of Special Education or Designee
Hours: As scheduled, per Master Agreement
- Valid Teaching Certificate in Michigan
- Must successfully pass a criminal history records check
- Passed the appropriate MTTC subject content area examination
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills with positive attitude
- Ability to model instructional strategies to be used with students preferred, together with evidence of success
- Ability to deliver multi-tiered system of supports, effectively
- Background with at-risk students preferred, together with evidence of success
- Maintain close communications with regular classroom teachers regarding the progress of and concerns about students
- Establish work toward the fulfillment of professional goals and professional growth goals that compliment school-wide goals and needs.
- Keep daily lesson plans of intervention activities, turn in a daily schedule/list of students and comply with all other documentation forms and data required
- Demonstrate ability to handle conflict productively
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain boundaries with students/families
- Demonstrate the ability to monitor and reconcile student behaviors successfully.
- Employ a variety of instructional and behavioral techniques and resources consistent with parameters of the educational environment and the needs and limitations of the students
- Evaluates student progress based on work output and observation, determines goals, objectives and directions
- Maintain accurate educational records in accordance with law, district policy and administrative requests.
- Full awareness of classroom environment and student health and safety at all times.
External candidates: Apply using AppliTrack online at our website: www.central-montcalm.org
Interested applicants should apply in writing to: Deadline:
Board of Education Office Until filled
Amy Meinhardt, Superintendent
P O Box 9
Stanton, Michigan 48888