Secondary Classroom Teacher
Position: Secondary Classroom Teacher
Reports to: School Principal / Superintendent
Hours: As scheduled (7 hours per day)
- Highly Qualified in any subject
- Valid Michigan Certificate with endorsement for Grades 6-12
- Must successfully pass a criminal history records check
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills with positive attitude
- Ability to model instructional strategies to be used with students preferred, together with evidence of success
- Ability to deliver multi-tiered system of supports, effectively
- Background with at-risk students preferred, together with evidence of success
- Establish work toward the fulfillment of professional goals and professional growth goals that compliment school-wide goals and needs.
- Provide students with and monitor clearly defined expectations for behavior and general performance.
- Provision of supervision of students as requested and/or as the need arises outside of the classroom, and full awareness of classroom environment and student safety at all times.
- Prompt and efficient handling of all administrative requests, i.e., lesson plans, progress reports, discipline forms, purchase orders, etc.
- Constructive utilization of school time, including conference and preparation period
- Maintenance of a positive, constructive and controlled classroom atmosphere.
- Promote social oriented values and facilitate personal need fulfillment among students.
- Establish a sense of trust and fairness within your classroom.
- Establish and maintain a non-threatening atmosphere for individual students and your classes in total.
- Maintain accurate educational records in accordance with law, district policy and administrative requests.
Interested applicants should apply in writing with credentials and references to:
Board of Education Office
P O Box 9
Stanton, Michigan 48888
Or apply online with AppliTrack at www.central-montcalm.org
Deadline: Until filled
Inquiries, contact Mr. Marty James at firstname.lastname@example.org or