Custodian - Floating-Relief - No Specific Location - 2 positions available
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TITLE: CUSTODIAN – FLOATING/RELIEF with no specific location
- Ability to read basic operating instructions and communicate in writing.
- The applicant must have good health and personal hygiene.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License and personal, dependable transportation
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Must be motivated and able to work independently and flexible to location and shift.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations, Maintenance & Transportation, Operations & Transportation Supervisor and the Building Principal.
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
JOB GOAL: To provide a physical learning environment that is safe, clean and smoothly functioning for students and the community
- May be required to work different shifts (midday, afternoons, hybrid or midnights) and multiple buildings on the same night. Will need to keep close contact with the administrative assistant of the O&M department for daily assignment/s.
- Responsible for the care and cleanliness of assigned area of building/s in accordance with the O&M personnel handbook for the designated location/s.
- Ensures all doors, windows are operational and locked and building alarm is set at the end of the shift.
- Performs cleaning tasks as designated by work schedule, the Director of Operations, Maintenance and Transportation, Operations Supervisor, Head Custodian or Assistant Head Custodian.
- Maintains a harmonious working relationship with building staff, students/parents and general public.
- Must wear assigned uniform at all times and maintain personal hygiene.
- Any item or emergency in the building beyond the capabilities of the custodian must be reported to the Head Custodian, Assistant Head Custodian, Director or Supervisor.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the Director of Operations, Maintenance and Transportation, Operations & Transportation Supervisor, Building Principal and/or Head or Assistant Head Custodian may assign.
- Follows all rules, regulations and safety procedures in accordance with the O&M personnel handbook and O&M safety handbook.
- Required to follow all applicable laws pertaining to Schools and School property.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: In accordance with the negotiated contract. Work week is Monday through Friday, midday, afternoon, hybrid or midnight shift, hours dependent on building needs.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Director of Operations and Maintenance or his designee.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES. THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.
Revision Date 11/1/19