Full Time Special Ed Paraprofessional, Galewood Early Elementary
POSITION: Special Education Paraprofessional
LOCATION: Galewood Early Elementary
POSTING DATE: November 11, 2019
STATUS: Monday – Friday, 7 hours per day
PAY: $10.22 hourly
JOB SUMMARY: The role of the paraprofessional is to provide additional support in the classroom setting, as well as lunchroom/playground. The paraprofessional’s goal is to assist in providing a well-organized, smooth functioning school environment in which all children can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials. The primary function of this role will be assisting within the special education program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma.
- Successful completion of paraprofessional testing and CPI training, or willingness to obtain.
- Previous experience with special education students is desired.
- Cooperates successfully as a member of a team.
- Communicates effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services.
- Meet any specific content area requirements.
- Participate in trainings provided by CPS and any other trainings deemed necessary by the agency. It is also important to bring back and share information presented at such meetings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with staff, consultants, and regulatory/funding representatives in a team-oriented environment.
- Capacity to assume responsibility for own professional development.
- Detail Oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Flexible, with the ability to work in a highly demanding, stressful environment.
- Proficiency using word-processing system.
- Previous experience with Cognitively Impaired students desired.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 15, 2019 by 4:00 PM, or Until Filled
DATE WANTED: 2019-2020 School Year
TO APPLY: Please visit our website at www.charlottenet.org and complete an online application.
Charlotte Public Schools complies with all state and federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination and with all regulations of the U.S. Department of Education. It is the policy of Charlotte Board of Education that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, or handicap shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity for which it is responsible.