PRESCHOOL AIDE / DAYCARE PROVIDER / CAREGIVER
TITLE: PRESCHOOL AIDE / DAYCARE PROVIDER / CAREGIVER
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Previous experience in a licensed (or registered) facility for child care or preschool preferred but not required.
- Physical capability to perform duties required (including but not limited to lifting and transporting children, ability to navigate a classroom and school, etc.) required.
- Evidence of freedom from communicable tuberculosis within one year previous to employment required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents/guardians required.
- Availability for after hour activities required.
- Meet any and all qualifications of the State of Michigan licensing rules for child care centers and / or the GSRP Grant.
- Be of responsible character suitable to meet the needs of children required.
REPORTS TO: Director Early Childhood
JOB GOAL: Assist in providing safe, nurturing, supportive care and stimulating educational activities for eligible children.
- Assist in maintenance of a clean, healthy environment in classroom and anywhere food is served.
- Assist teachers with planned lessons, activities, and projects.
- Attend field trips.
- Attend building staff meetings and professional development, as requested.
- Be prepared to step in (on a short term basis) as the Lead Teacher in the event of the Lead Teacher Absence.
- Communicate effectively with parents/guardians.
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts with fellow caregivers.
- Attend after hour activities (Family Fun Nights, Open House, Meet the Staff, etc.).
- Understand and be able to complete paperwork for reporting hours used by families to Fraser’s billing office.
- Understand and be able to explain to parents how charges are calculated.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
- This is a school year position only.
EVALUATION: Participate in and accept annual performance reviews
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES.THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.
Revision Date 07/12/2012