Career Navigator (Business, Management, Marketing, and Technology)
Job Description: Career Navigator (Business, Management, Marketing, and Technology)
Fraser Public Schools
- Industry Experience preferred in the Information Technology, Healthcare, or Manufacturing fields
- Educational certification/experience strongly recommended.
- Four-year degree from an accredited school.
- CDF certification (by completion of first contract year).
- Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Middle or High School principal or designee as determined by contract.
JOB GOAL: The Career Navigator shall work to ensure the coordination, accountability, and delivery of career awareness development, and exploration to students in K-12.
- Assist School Counselors with the development of student Educational Development Plans;
- Assist student with EDP completion;
- Identify and place students in relevant job shadowing, internship, or work-based learning experiences;
- Assist in the development of Talent Transcripts/Portfolios for students;
- Coordinate and present professional development workshops in career development and guidance for teachers, school counselors, and work-based constituents;
- Assist schools in promoting the goals of quality career development of students in kindergarten through twelfth grade;
- Assist school counselors and students in identifying and accessing career information and resource material;
- Provide educators, parents, and students with information on career and technology education programs offered in the district;
- Support students in the exploration of career clusters and the selection of an area of academic focus within a cluster of study;
- Learn and become familiar with ways to improve and promote career development opportunities within the district;
- Attend continuing education programs on the certified career development facilitator curriculum sponsored by the State;
- Assist with the selection, administration, and evaluation of career interest inventories;
- Assist schools in planning and developing parent information on career development;
- Coordinate with school counselors and administration career events, career classes, and career programming;
- Coordinate community resources and citizens representing diverse occupations in career development activities for parents and students;
- Assist with the usage of computer assisted career guidance systems; and,
- All other duties as assigned by the building administrator or designee.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Calendar to be established by the district and programming needs.
$35 per hour - ½ Time Position
Paid through EDUStaff
5 year position
Location: Fraser High School - CTE Department
Schedule: To Be Determined by Building Administrator
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.