Human Resource Specialist
TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST
- Associates Degree desired, relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years school district experience or human resources experience.
- Experience supporting the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working with AESOP or other attendance system.
- Experience working with third party vendors such as EDUStaff.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and customer relation skills.
- Experience with AS400 with regards to employee demographics, attendance, benefit and compensation input and maintenance, knowledge of how AS400 Human Resource and Payroll systems interact.
- Experience in problem solving, multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, and ability to work with interruptions.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
JOB GOAL: To assist employees with Human Resource inquiries in a professional manner and promoting and supporting the vision of the District and Human Resource Department.
- Responsible for Human Resource administration including but not limited to:
- New hire processing and orientation.
- Prepare staff terminations and related data base changes
- Open enrollment.
- Life event changes.
- Leave administration, FMLA, and attendance monitoring.
- Workers compensation and unemployment claims / processing.
- FOIA requests.
- Responsible for all employee demographics, attendance, benefit and compensation system input and maintenance.
- Responsible for posting open positions via Application Central and communication to internal and external contacts.
- Responds to employees Human Resource questions quickly and accurately.
- Reconciles vendor invoices and submits to Accounts Payable for payment.
- Responsible for all Human Resource internal and external reporting including but not limited to REP Report and US Department of Labor Report.
- Responsible for the development of Human Resources procedures.
- Responsible for employee Human Resource files.
- Review and understand Districts collective bargaining agreements.
- Direct fingerprinting process.
- Responsible for department record retention.
- Assist with the Review Committee process, paperwork, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 month non-bargaining unit position.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources.
SALARY: $40,000 – $57,000
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Center Line Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, religion, marital status, or disability in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 26400 Arsenal, Center Line, MI 48015. 586-510-2003.