Resource Room Teacher
December 2019 graduates will be considered for this position. Hire date contingent upon the receipt of teaching certificate and final official transcripts.
POSITION: Resource Room Teacher
LOCATION: Hoben Elementary School
Plymouth-Canton is seeking to employ culturally responsive teachers who will be able to support and sustain equity-focused instruction for all learners. These educators create high achieving learning environments. They identify and systematically apply differentiated instruction and assessment that improves achievement for all learners from all racial groups.
- Requires a valid Michigan teaching certificate with at least one (1) special education endorsement.
- The teacher must be proficient and knowledgeable in his/her area of teaching and must be able to provide a flexible, stable and pleasant teaching environment while maintaining appropriate classroom discipline.
- Applicants should be able to use evaluative classroom procedures to improve instruction to become aware of physical, social, emotional and mental developments of the learner and be concerned with the home-school-community relationship.
- Resource Room Teachers teach subject-oriented departmentalized classes in special education, and they also co-teach classes with regular education teachers. In addition, they see students in resource centers for tutorial/small group instruction of a supportive nature.
RELEVANT UNDERSTANDINGS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Awareness of the physical, social, emotional and academic development of the learner.
- Capable of nurturing the home-school-community relationship.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in the core subject areas.
- Able to provide a flexible, stable and pleasant learning environment that is student-centered while maintaining appropriate classroom management.
- Familiarity with culturally relevant pedagogy and be able to include this pedagogy in his/her teaching practices.
- Understanding of pertinent learning intervention practices, such as Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS).
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in professional learning communities.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in research based instructional practices.
- Knowledge and practice with formative and summative assessments to evaluate and improve student achievement.
- Ability to implement school district curriculum with consistency.
- Work closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data and use data to inform instruction.
- Collaborate in grade level teams to discuss student work, share best practices, and ensure student mastery of standards.
- Form and maintain relationships with students’ families.
- Participate in on-going professional development in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's Policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
BEGINNING DATE: As soon as possible
Beginning step of the applicable salary schedule.
Bachelors degree step one - $40,000
Masters degree step one - $43,954
Full year contract will be prorated to start date
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Two Step Process
Click on New Account to begin the application process.
Step 1 - Complete the online application https://hr-applications.pccsk12.com/Job_List.aspx
Complete the entire online application including the Teacher Supplemental section, and upload the following documents in the File Upload section:
- Cover Letter (attach in resume section).
Address cover letter to Dr. Liz Vartanian-Gibbs, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources and Labor Relations
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Copies of Official Transcripts of all degrees earned
- Copy of valid Michigan Teaching Certificate
Please note that documents uploaded to your online application will need to be one of the following file formats: .jpg, .tif, .doc, .pdf, or .gif. Files should be no larger than 8.5" x 11" scanned in black and white or 256 grayscale. Because all required documents are attached to the online application, it is not necessary to submit paperwork to our office.
Step 2 - Apply for the position
From the main page of the your online application in the ‘Available Jobs’ section, find the job code for the position you are interested in and click ‘APPLY’ on the left-hand side of the page. The job will then appear at the top of the page in the ‘Jobs You Have Applied For’ section.
Upon recommendation for employment, Section 1230g, as amended, of the Revised School Code requires all school employees to be electronically finger printed for the purpose of undergoing a criminal history background check. The fingerprinting is conducted by a third party and is at the expense of the applicant. Cost for fingerprinting is approximately $70.00.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m.