Elementary Special Education Teacher
Special Education Teacher - Woodview Elementary
- Michigan elementary teacher certification with endorsement in special education (SLD, CI or EI).
- Experience with co-teaching preferred.
- Must meet ESEA/No Child Left Behind Highly Qualified requirements.
- Pursuant with State of Michigan Student Safety Legislation, all prospective hires must provide fingerprinting and background check results to the District prior to employment.
Vision for Position:
- Highly organized and effective at meeting deadlines.
- Collaborative style with peers, parents, and children.
- Ability to use data to inform decisions and write goals.
- Strong vision for student success.
- Partner of general education teachers.
- Ability to develop a shared vision of responsibility and support.
- Innovative in use of technology to promote student learning.
- Understanding of authentic literacy instruction.
- Capacity to meet all children where they are and move them forward.
- Seeks an optimal learning environment for all children.
- Understands the impact of student engagement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop lesson plans.
- Manage classroom.
- Respond appropriately to student behavior.
- Use effective instructional strategies to design and deliver instruction.
- Communicate student performances to parents.
- Use data to make instructional decisions.
- Knowledge of organizing, developing and executing an IEP meeting and IEP goals for students with disabilities.
A completed online application is REQUIRED at https://www.applitrack.com/ioniacountyisd/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmin=true&AppliTrackJobId=1648