Administrative Assistant - Early Literacy Professional Learning Grant - MAISA Operations Office
The Early Literacy Professional Learning Administrative Assistant provides direct support to the Michigan Association of Intermediate Superintendents (MAISA) Early Literacy Professional Learning Grant Administrators. These responsibilities may include administrative support of various levels such as, responding to inquiries via email and phone, day-to-day department office assistance such as record-keeping, filing, organizing, readying department for travel, creating original correspondence and documents as well as updating current documents, scheduling print work, coordinating internal and external conference/events, scheduling meetings and conference calls, catering and technology needs, set up and tear down of meetings, and creating purchase orders; works closely with Project Director and Project Coordinator to assist with grant needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in the coordination of special projects, events, and Early Literacy activities.
2. Ability to interact with callers/emails in a manner that is professional and decisive.
3. Monitors website and coordinates updates when necessary.
4. Assists in social media tasks, e.g. posting to Twitter and Facebook when required.
5. Assists with the setup/cleanup and general flow of meetings/learning events.
6. Assists with hotel accommodations for individuals/groups.
7. Preparing Google forms for registration and data collection.
8. Preparing Excel spreadsheets for data collection.
9. Administrative support that may be required by the accounting department.
10. Create newsletters, project reports, and publications to the field.
11. Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Demonstrated administrative assistant experience.
• Demonstrated customer service experience.
• Demonstrated event management experience.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on office management or event management preferred.
• Excellent customer service, as well as verbal and written communications.
• Professional learning knowledge helpful.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience, no less than $16.00 per hour, plus a comprehensive benefits package.