Teacher of Students with Cognitive Impairments
Job Title: Teacher of Students with Cognitive Impairments
The Teacher of Students with Cognitive Impairment is responsible for the instructional program and implementation of activities for the students in the assigned classroom. Responsible for the coordination of the activities of the assigned paraprofessional and support staff providing services for students in the assigned area.
Available: One (1) position; 7 hours per day; Balanced Calendar
Salary: Certificated Salary Schedule. Genesee Intermediate Education Association
Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance after one full day of employment. Employees shall be subject to the co-payment of health care costs in accordance with state law.
Essential Duties (May include, but not limited to):
- Provides and coordinates the instructional program for students in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assesses students' achievement and develops instructional strategies to meet individual educational needs of students in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Implements developmentally appropriate curriculum and strategies for students assigned to the classroom.
- Participates in Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team (MET) meetings and prepares reports for assigned students.
- Participates in Individualized Education Program Team (IEPT) meetings and prepares draft/proposed IEP’s based on individual student needs.
- Assists in the scheduling, preparation, and coordination of IEPT meetings for assigned students.
- Participates in the implementation of health care procedures in accordance with administrative operating procedures.
- Coordinates and implements behavior intervention plans in accordance with district policy, administrative operating procedures and state/federal rules and regulations.
- Works cooperatively and communicates with district and constituent district staff, students, and parents/guardians.
- Participates in physical education activities as required for students in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintains accurate attendance records and appropriate reports.
- Prepares and implements daily lesson plans consistent with each student’s IEP.
- Coordinates the preparation of bulletin boards, duplication of instructional materials and other materials preparation activities as required in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for participating in lunch, play, gym and other activities as required to meet annual goals and short-term objectives for each assigned student.
- Participates in staff meetings, inservice activities, staff development/special programs, school improvement teams and planning committees as appropriate to the assignment.
- Consults, counsels and collaborates with parents, school personnel, students and appropriate community agencies regarding behavioral and educational concerns developed in a multi-tiered system of support.
- Consistently models Win-Win leadership.