Math Lab: Title I Lead Teacher
Position Type: Union-TREA, Math Lab: Title I Lead Teacher
Date Available: 2019-2020 School Year
Building: Three Rivers Middle School
Reports to: Building Principal
POSITION GOAL: To provide coordination and facilitation of best practice for students with the goal of expanding proficiency and improving the overall performance of students. This individual will work collaboratively with teachers and paraprofessionals to respond to student needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education
- Must have Michigan Teacher endorsement in Mathematics–EX and demonstrate compliance as a “highly qualified teacher” as defined by the Michigan Department of Education.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful classroom teaching experience
- Proficient technology skills
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Experience with School Improvement processes and Multi-tiered Systems of Support preferred
- Experience with Eureka Math curriculum preferred
- Previous teaching experience in a comparable district
- Desire to coach, and/or be an advisor for student activities
Qualified candidates should skillfully demonstrate the following:
- Gather, organize, and interpret assessment data for identified students.
- Utilize best practice instructional strategies and research-based intervention curriculum materials to meet the learning needs of identified students.
- Analyze existing student achievement data.
- Facilitate and administer student assessment and progress monitoring instruments. Collaborate with building principal and teacher leader teams (MTSS leadership team, School Improvement Team, MTSS data review team, etc.) to increase student achievement. Collaborate with teachers to identify the instructional needs of students, help set learning goals and targets, and to problem solve with core content teachers to develop best practices for continuous academic growth for students.
- Collaborate with building principal to support school improvement plans and professional development plans to increase student performance.
- Maintain accurate student records, parent communications records and student progress data reports as required by district policy.
- Attend professional development opportunities that promote improved instructional strategies and support researched-based resource material needed to implement the intervention program successfully and support/maintain professional growth.
- Follow district guidelines and policies.
- Maintain proper professional conduct as required by district policy.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job duty
- Other duties as assigned by the Building Principal.