Position Type: Non Union, Administrative Assistant
Building: Administrative Office
Reports to: Superintendent
Term of Employment & Hours of Duty: 12-month contract; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; one hour for lunch break and A.M. and P.M. break.
Hourly: $15.50 - $17.50
Provides reception services for the district office.Under limited supervision, provides high levels of interpersonal and project management skills using a variety of computer applications and software platform to successfully complete required job responsibilities.
To assure the smooth, efficient and accurate operation of the office so that the office’s maximum positive impact on the educational system can be realized as an effective part of the educational process.
- Associate degree or higher.
- Post secondary training in business or equivalent business experience
- Knowledge and experience in office management and the use of Google & Microsoft Office Suites
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to problem solve, multitask, and work independently in the absence of specific instructions.
- Experience in website and social media communications/management
- Bachelor degree or higher.
- Project management experience.
- Experience using multiple educational software system platforms (School Dude, Skyward PowerSchool)
- Receives visitors to the building in a prompt and professional manner
- Answer incoming telephone calls to the district’s main telephone line and routing calls appropriately.
- Serves as a Student Central Registration when school is not in session
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of files
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of district contracts
- Type a variety of materials, and correspondences
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure
- Conduct research and prepare presentations or reports as assigned
- Monitor assigned departmental records.
- Assist with the management of central office projects
- All other duties as assigned