Administrative Assistant, MIBLSI
Ingham Intermediate school district
Administrative Assistant, MIBLSI
November 25, 2019
Salary Range/ Level:
$14.66 - $19.45 per hour
(commensurate with experience)
2019-20 OPEIU Salary Schedule
Terms of Employment:
52 weeks/year; 5 days/week;
Monday, October 21, 2019
Open until filled
A completed online application is REQUIRED. (See application instructions at Ingham ISD under Employment.)
Resume and cover letter may be:
- Attached within the online application (preferred)
- Faxed: (517) 676-4294
- Emailed: email@example.com
- Mailed: Ingham ISD, Human Resources
2630 W Howell Road, Mason, MI 48854
Under the direction of the administrator and in compliance with established policies, procedures and practices, performs a variety of office and administrative tasks in support of Michigan’s Integrated Behavior and Learning Support Initiative (MIBLSI) state project and Ingham ISD consultants assigned to the project. Please see website for full description.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Two years or more of office and administrative support work experience.
- Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information to all levels of staff, students, parents, constituent school districts, community and state agencies, vendors and others. The incumbent is required to handle problem situations in a tactful, courteous and respectful manner.
- Written and computer skills necessary for the creation and compilation of various documents, communications and reports. The incumbent is required to effectively utilize a variety of software applications which may include but is not limited to word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphic design and database software applications.
- Mathematical skills necessary to prepare various financial related documents that may include but are not limited to check requests, requisitions, purchasing card reconciliations and other cost calculations. In addition, if required, mathematical skills necessary to assist in budget preparation and to monitor and maintain assigned account.
- Analytical ability to evaluate information and situations to determine the appropriate course of action without supervisor approval.
- Ability to utilize discretion and sound judgment in handling confidential information and documents.
- Mental ability to adapt and respond to multiple priorities and demands, adapt to interruptions, work on several projects at the same time, work on tasks requiring accuracy and attention to detail, and handle pressures related to multiple deadlines.
- Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time working on a computer and to properly operate required office equipment. The incumbent is also required to assist with transporting equipment, materials and/or supplies to various meetings, trainings or workshops.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to reach with arms and hands, stand, walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is in a normal environment where there is minimal or no physical discomfort.
This position requires travel to MIBLSI sponsored statewide events and meetings, for which the staff member must provide transportation. Overnight stays may be required.
Preceding data are intended to convey information essential to making fair pay decisions about the job, and are not exhaustive lists of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
Notice of Non-discrimination
It is the policy of Ingham Intermediate School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender/sex, age, disability, height, weight, marital status, or lack of English language speaking skills, in its programs, services or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, 2630 West Howell Road, Mason, MI, 48854. (517) 244-1289.