Special Education Paraprofessional
International Academy of Flint is hiring a Special Education Paraprofessional for Middle and High School!
Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans with a low employee contribution. 401K plan available with employer contribution. Life, ADD, STD, and LTD 100% paid by employer!
- Providing students with a safe, loving, stimulating, and nurturing environment.
- Supporting and assisting the classroom teacher in implementing the goals and objectives of the Kindergarten or Special Education curriculum.
- Working closely with the classroom teacher and the school administrative team.
- Making sure the school and SABIS® Educational System™ policies and procedures are properly and consistently implemented and maintained.
- Associate’s degree; or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ academic study at postsecondary institution, obtained associate’s or higher degree, or demonstrated through a formal state or local academic assessment their knowledge of and ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics
- Prior working experience with children preferred
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and self-management skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Goal orientation
- Planning and execution skills
- Teamwork skills
- Readiness to go above and beyond when necessary to reach goals
Would you like to be part of a program that prepares all students for college, values the needs of all students, and helps students build a strong foundation to achieve success in a changing world? Does your passion for teaching and desire to make a difference in the life of a child describe why you chose teaching in the first place? If so, come and be part of our SABIS® educational team at the International Academy of Flint (IAF).
At IAF our staff and students work together through a rigorous curriculum that focuses on learning improvement and mastery attainment on a secure campus. We are a K-12 charter school in Flint that brings students from different backgrounds together to collaborate, develop strong relationships, and learn from one another as they explore new learning opportunities.
If you want to work in an atmosphere where collaboration is a mainstay, a well-structured and comprehensive curriculum is used and extensive classroom support and professional development is embedded. Join the SABIS® team at the International Academy of Flint. Apply today!