US History and Seminar Teacher, MS & HS, RX Required, CC Preferred
Landmark Academy must provide an excellent education to all of our students consistent with the mission, vision, and goals of the Academy and with the core values of Summit Management Consulting. Your primary goal is to ensure that each of your students is learning subject matter identified in the State standards and the Landmark Academy curriculum.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistently plan and deliver lessons that are varied, interesting, engaging and enjoyable for your students.
- Facilitate learning by creating lesson plans in harmony with students learning styles.
- Assign homework only in accordance with Landmark’s homework philosophy and in alignment with Professional Learning Community (PLC) team guidelines.
- Offer assignments and assessments in accordance with four-period learning, providing frequent and timely feedback to your students.
- Consistently review and analyze student performance data to develop plans to meet the needs of all students (refer to the 4 essential PLC questions on the intranet).
- Maintain timely, complete and accurate student records (i.e. Skyward).
- Assist in the development of curriculum that is aligned to the State standards, referring to these approved guidelines as often as necessary ass you design and execute daily plans for teaching your students.
- Assist in the development and implementation of any educational plans such as IEP’s, 504 plans and behavior plans.
- Ensure that your classroom is conducive to learning – on that is safe and nurturing for all students. Provide consistency and balance for your students.
- Ensure that parents are frequently advised as to their child’s performance and progress.
- Communicated via all means available and necessary including voice mail, email, Skyward, face-to-face conferences, written correspondence or other means.
- Frequent communication will assist parents in playing a key role in their child’s education. This will prevent surprises with progress reports and report card results.
- Provide parents with encouraging news as well as items of concern.
- Return parent e-mail and voice mail messages within 24 hours.
- Conduct research, attend conferences, meetings, and pursue continuing education to ensure you are serving to model being a life-long learner and to ensure you are providing effective instruction. Keeping your teaching certification up to date is your professional responsibility.
- Teach and model elements of Landmark Academy’s approved character education program (7 Habits).
- Ensure students have a healthy self-respect and a respect for others.
- Use teachable moments to reinforce desirable character traits.
- Ensure that students follow Landmark’s rules and policies, using balance of Positive Behavior Interventions and Support along with disciplinary procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as directed by School Administration.
You are directly accountable to the Administrator. As a member of the Landmark team you are also expected to communicate and coordinate with the school office personnel and collaborate with your fellow teachers. As a Landmark employee you will be expected to:
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner – demonstrating competence in your area of responsibilities and extending respect and courtesy to coworkers. This position is one that demands an exceptional attendance routine, including consistently arriving early to set the tone for the day along with staying after to plan or support students.
- Adhere to all Landmark employee policies as well as expectation as outlined in the handbooks located on the intranet. We will supply a hard copy to you upon request.
- Conduct yourself in accordance with the mission, vision, and goals of Landmark Academy, as well as the core values of Summit Management. This will foster mutually beneficial relationships and promote a spirit of excellence in our endeavors.
All employees are evaluated based on the performance of their primary responsibilities and their adherence to the general expectations outlined in the job descriptions. It is also expected that each employee do their part to maintain a spirit of team unity and cooperation. Each employee can expect to be observed and provided with immediate feedback frequently throughout the school-year with a year-end evaluation
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
- Time management
- Positive communication skills; able to relate to students, parents, and staff
- Behavior modification skills
- Classroom management
- Word, Excel, Power point, Email skills
- Positive reinforcement skills
- Punctuality, exemplary attendance
- Knowledge of and ability to follow federal and state safety regulations
- Ability to work as a team
- Understanding and ability to incorporate student learning styles
- Mastery of assigned subject of instruction
This job operates in a classroom environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and projectors.
Summit Management Consulting, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Summit Management Consulting, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Summit Management Consulting, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Summit Management Consulting, LLC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required and Michigan Teaching Certification in the assigned area as well as pre-service experience, as required for certification.