Special Education Teacher
JOB POSTING - External
Position: Special Education Teacher
Terms: 2019-20 School Year
Salary: Per RCEA Contract; Commensurate with experience
Position Begins: Second Semester, January 6, 2020
Posted: September 23, 2019
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reed City Area Public Schools is accepting applications for a dynamic, energetic Special Education Teacher.
- B.A. or B.S. in Education
- Must be Certified and Highly Qualified in a Special Education Resource Room - Emotional Impairment (SE).
Learning Disabilities (SM) may be considered.
- Have experience developing classroom and individual management plans
- Working knowledge of evidence-based strategies
- Ability to work with special need students in an inclusive setting
- Ability to collect and analyze data to assess student achievement
- Provide differentiated instruction for students and make accommodations based on individual student data; ability to identify and incorporate strategic and intensive interventions as dictated by individual student data.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records and prepare reports on students and activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations
- Meet with parents to discuss their student’s progress and to determine priorities for their student and his/her individualized educational needs
- Confer with parents, administrators, psychologists, social workers, and other professionals to develop individualized education programs (IEPs) designed to promote students’ educational, physical, and social/emotional development
- Use technology systems (Skyward, Smartboards, Google, etc.) to manage records, generate reports, and analyze data to drive instruction.
- Other duties assigned by school principal/building administrators.
Candidates who are qualified and wish to be considered for this position must submit an application that includes a cover letter/resume, three (3) professional letters of reference, a copy of your transcripts, Michigan Teaching Certificate and MTTC scores to: firstname.lastname@example.org.