Auditorium Manager - Fraser High School
Fraser Public Schools
Positions: Auditorium Manager
Location: Fraser High School
Salary: $20.00/hour, no benefits, Paid via EDUStaff
Reports To: Building Principal
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree with an emphasis in Technical Theater, or equivalent professional experience.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills along with attention to detail.
- Ability to greet students and parents, answer questions, communicate effectively and provide information in a professional, positive and supportive manner.
- Working knowledge of construction and set design.
- Working knowledge of lighting systems and design.
- Working knowledge of stage rigging.
- Working knowledge of audio and sound reinforcement.
- Working knowledge of stage management/or production management.
- Working knowledge and clear understanding of professional standards of stage safety.
JOB GOAL: To schedule, manage and implement the technical requirements of all auditorium events and manage technical resources of the auditorium.
- Supervise all auditorium events including scheduling, set-up, presentation, and tear down.
- Monitor volunteers and additional staff members who work and participate in theater productions.
- Coordinate the technical demands of all productions, performances and events using the auditorium. Manage the auditorium schedule to ensure that all events are scheduled and do not overlap with other school events.
- Coordinate the technical demands of single-date events as needed by the greater school community into the overall schedule. These events take place during evenings and/or weekends. This includes providing the technical support for school based programs such as College Night, Graduations, Orientations, Dance Performances, and Award Ceremonies and other events.
- Maintain safety and efficiency of all auditorium technical facilities: physical plant, stage rigging, construction area, lighting, and sound equipment.
- Maintain an accurate master calendar of all events in the auditorium and serve as the contact person/resource for staff/administration in planning events.
- Develop a working relationship with other building staff to support safety requirements for students and auditorium space.
- Work with external contractors on issues ranging from floor replacement to lighting repair and special effects.
- Foster a professional, collegial relationship with all production coordinators, and school personnel involved in productions, programs and events.
- Manage “student auditorium employees” who assist in setting-up productions, running performances.
- Work with students who have a range of academic levels and interpersonal capacities to develop individual skills as well as a group work ethic within the student technical production team.
- Coordinate and support technical requirements for all Fine Arts Department performances including theater performances and concerts.
- Oversee staff during performances, run all crews on stage and direct publicity staff.
- Coordinate post-production cleanup of all facilities, materials and equipment within two days of the performance.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: $20.00/hour, no benefits, Paid via EDUStaff.
Typically Monday-Saturday 4:00 pm-11:00 pm or, as events are scheduled outside these times.
EVALUATION: Annually evaluated by the Building Principal.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES. THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.