Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Ability to perform basic arithmetic necessary for as a food service cashier.
Must have a valid Michigan drivers license.
Approachable, student-focused, ability to communicate in a professional manner, listen well, have the organizational agility, and able to manage time well. Complete a state-required criminal history background check and district-provided CPR and first aid training. Must be able to left 50lbs, carry item 25 feet and place it on a 40 inch high surface. Must be able to use floor machine equipment (i.e. scrubbers, polishers, and strippers)
- Dust, sweep, vacuum and/or mop floors as necessary.
- Wash windows as needed and clean windowsills.
- Scrub or strip, extract, bonnet and wash floors as scheduled.
- Clean and sanitize restroom fixtures, hardware, tile, mirrors, partitions, floors, etc. Replace restroom supplies as needed.
- Maintain the security of the building. Make sure lights are off, windows and doors are locked and report any safety hazards to the supervisor or building administrator.
- Replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes as needed (requires climbing/overhead fixtures).
- Clean all tools, supplies, and equipment after each use and store them in the proper place.
- Load and unload supplies and equipment when deliveries come.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record, be punctual and follow a work schedule.
- Must be neat in appearance and present themselves in a cordial demeanor to students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Adhere to all safety standards and work practices in use of equipment and supplies.
- Relieve, assist or fill in temporarily on other jobs as assigned by the supervisor.