Intervention Specialist - 3 positions
Fraser Public Schools
Positions: Intervention Specialist - 3 positions
Locations: Richards Middle School
Salary: $16.15/Hour - Certified or $13.08/Hour - Non-Certified - Paid through EDUStaff
Reports To: Building Principal
Preferred but not required Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate
Description: To work with the classroom teachers to provide intervention and support to at-risk students.
Assigned Responsibilities: The classroom teacher will provide the Intervention Specialist the following:
- Instructional materials and necessary interventions to support at-risk students in the classroom.
- Progress monitoring and assessments for identified at risk students.
- Identify new students who might need additional intervention.
- Review data monthly to ensure that students are receiving appropriate interventions and making acceptable progress.
The Intervention Specialist will provide students with the following supports:
- Coaching and support in teacher identified interventions.
- Assist in implementing instructional services to at risk services based upon teacher recommended materials and interventions.
- Remediation and re-teaching using classroom teacher identified materials and online support software
- Monitor student progress on a regular basis and report progress to classroom teacher.
Evaluation of this job will be performed annually by the Building Principal.
Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES. THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.