Secretary - 11 Month
Secretary (11 Month)
The successful candidate:
- Maintains regular in-person attendance.
- Performs duties in a consistently pleasant and professional manner with an appropriate personal appearance.
- Adheres to all Board, departmental and organizational policies and procedures including relevant health and safety procedures.
- Drafts correspondence, formats reports, and summarizes meeting notes as directed.
- Performs general secretarial support services.
- Participates in ongoing in-service skills development activities and training programs of a technical or professional development nature.
- Uses technology to search, retrieve, and maintain data to generate reports (e.g. purchase orders, direct payments, timesheets).
- Coordinates appointments, conferences, meetings, travel arrangements, etc; and is proficient in using the internet and electronic tools to do so.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and/or provides support to meetings or group activities as specified by the Supervisor.
- Maintains organized efficient documentation of department activities.
- Responds to internal and external clients by providing appropriate information as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree or two years of college credit preferred
- Two (2) years minimum secretarial experience required
Skills and Training
- Must be a team player and able to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Must possess superior public relations and customer-service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to process purchase orders and utilize e-mail and voice-mail systems.
- Ability to take notes and minutes at meetings.
- Familiarity with data bases, spreadsheets, internet browsers and presentation software.
- Keboarding (typing) - 45 wpm
- Tested Skills (Basic Word, Basic Excel, PowerPoint, Alpha Filing, Numeric Filing, Spelling)
*Applications will be screened and candidates will be notified by email if eligible to participate in the testing process.
Compensation: $32,343 - $43,769 - Grade 6, 11-month position (note: employees in an eleven (11) month position have a work schedule that includes an unpaid period of twenty (20) work days between July 1 and August 1)
and a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including health/dental/vision/life and long-term disability insurance. 18 paid holidays, generous time off and membership in the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System www.michigan.gov/ors. The position is represented by the Local 1882, Wayne RESA Chapter. The current Collective Bargaining Agreement can be found here: https://www.resa.net/downloads/financial/1882_contract_final_7_20_2018_with_signatures.pdf.
Application Process and Timeline: Internal and external applicants must complete and submit an online application at http://www.applitrack.com/resa/OnlineApp/default.aspx (Job ID #13260) by 3:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 in order to be considered.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER