Positions: Latchkey Caregiver
Location: Various Elementary
Salary: $10.00/Hour - No Benefits
Reports To: Program Director
- High school diploma.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Experience working with children 5-12 years old preferred.
- CPR & First Aid Certification Preferred.
- Completion of background check and Department of Human Service clearance as well as fingerprinting required before start date.
JOB GOAL: Latchkey caregivers provide before and after school care for Fraser students in Grades K-6. Latchkey caregivers work a split shift: Monday –Friday 7:00 am-8: 30 am and 3:30 pm-6:00 pm
- Follow school and licensing procedures.
- Be aware of safety issues and emergency procedures.
- Prepare latchkey room before children arrive and organize after they leave.
- Prepare and maintain a clean, safe, and inviting environment.
- Assist with recording daily attendance of children.
- Assist with ordering and providing snacks to the children.
- Have positive Interactions and provide activities for children individually and in groups.
- Maintain good communication with children, parents and other staff.
- Participate in supervising free play and outdoor play.
- Must be available for additional hours when the elementary schools have early dismissals and half days.
- Participate in a minimum of 16 training hours per year.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: School year
EVALUATION:Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the director or supervisor. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX. AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES. THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.
Revision Date 07/20/16