High School Teaching/Industrial-Technology Education with Social Studies Minor
Category: High School Teaching/Industrial-Technology Education
Date Posted: 7/10/2019
Location: Tri County High School
Tri County Area Schools is located on the borders of Kent and Newaygo counties and encompasses the panhandle of Montcalm county. Sand Lake, Pierson, and Howard City are the quintessential small towns that are within the Tri County Area Schools district. The Tri County Area is very family oriented and our community has a passion to support one another and the children they serve. As a rural community, there are many year-round outdoor activities, and many enjoy the Muskegon River and the lakes close by. The proximity between Grand Rapids and Big Rapids (25-minute drive) gives residents the ability to enjoy small town living with large city amenities nearby.
Tri County Area Schools offers Preschool through 12th-grade, with a population of over 1900 students. The district continues its mission to create educational opportunities for every student. Students have a variety of choices from college classes through dual enrollment, early college, Kent or Newaygo Career and Technical Centers and AP courses. The district also has a multitude of in-district exploratory offerings as well. In K-8 we offer Music, Art, Computers, Physical Education and STEM classes as specials. We are proud of the work of our staff and students as we continue to Educate, Encourage and Empower students.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates for the following positions at Tri County for the 2019-2020 school year. Become a Viking! We Are TC!
Position: High School Industrial Technology Teacher
(1.0 FTE) w/ Social Studies Minor
Beginning: August 2019
Summary: Help students to learn subject matter and skills, which will lead toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth. Directs and evaluates the learning experiences of the students in activities sponsored by the school.
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with TE, IX, or VT (6-12) Endorsement with Social Studies minor
- Must meet NCA, State of MI and NCLB Highly Qualified Teacher Requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Teach the district approved curriculum and use district approved resources.
- Plan and prepare for classes assigned.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Guide the learning process towards the achievement of curriculum goals, and establish clear objective for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluate pupils’ academic growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare grade reports.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law.
- Communicate regularly with parents.
- Identify pupil needs, make appropriate referrals, and develop strategies for individual education plans
- Coordinate the work of teacher assistants, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and/or field trips.
Tri County Area Schools uses the AppliTrack system from General ASP to manage employment applications online at http://www.applitrack.com/maisd/onlineapp/
Friday, July 19, 2019
Information regarding Tri County Area Schools is available at http://www.tricountyschools.com.