Elementary Special Education Teacher
LOCATION: Beach Elementary School
POSITION: Elementary Special Education Teacher
- Must possess a valid Michigan teaching certificate and meet state requirements in the area of certification (LD, EI, CI, or ASD endorsement preferred)
- Must meet or exceed North Central and MDE accreditation standards
- Must meet criteria for “highly qualified” status under No Child Left Behind Act
1. Must follow district and state curricula and assessment requirements.
2. Knowledge of current curriculum trends in elementary and special education and ability to write and develop new curricular directions in subject area.
3. Ability to work effectively with grade level/department/interdisciplinary teams, etc.
4. Knowledge and ability to use progress monitoring data to inform instructional practices.
5. Knowledge of and commitment to regularly use technology as an instructional tool to enhance teaching and learning.
6. Knowledge of and ability to implement on a regular basis cooperative learning strategies and flexible grouping strategies.
7. Knowledge of Positive Behavior Interventions & Support (PBIS) and ability to develop functional behavior assessments and implement positive behavior support plans.
8. Participate in data reviews at both the district and building levels.
9. Demonstrate ability to develop an interdisciplinary approach to delivering instructional outcomes.
10. Input/active participation in building and district committee structure to develop new curricular guidelines for all areas.
11. Complete and submit all required paperwork, i.e., IEP’s, transition plans, Medicaid billings, behavior intervention plans, etc.
12. Follow and implement all Board of Education policies, administrative guidelines and building regulations.
13. Willing to perform other duties as necessary and/or directed by the principal and/or special education administrator.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position may do so by sending a letter of interest to Curriculum Director, Allison Camp 3255 E. Pontaluna Rd, Fruitport, MI 49415.
External candidates interested in applying for this position may do so by clicking on the employment tab on the Fruitport website: www.fruitportschools.net.
DATE OF POSTING: July 1, 2019
DATE POSTING ENDS: July 12, 2019
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, height, weight, marital or family status, religion, military status ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.