CTE Lab Technician (Culinary)
TITLE: CTE Lab Technician (Culinary)
- This position requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree or industry certification(s) in relevant culinary area(s), preferred.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years (4000 hours) of recent work experience in culinary/hospitality related occupation
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills, technology skills, be detailed and team oriented and have excellent communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse student populations including special population students (economic and academic disadvantaged, special education, and Limited English Proficient students)
- Possess or able to obtain a Chauffeur license
REPORTS TO: CTE Director
SUPERVISES: All Students
JOB GOAL: The primary responsibility of a Lab Technician working in any career and technical education (CTE) program is to assist the instructor with the supervision of students during classroom instruction and the work-based / project-based learning experiences associated with the program—paying particular attention to safety issues and students with special needs—and assist students with successful mastery of learning objectives by providing guidance, support, or demonstration/modeling of correct procedures.
- Assist the instructor by maintaining and organizing equipment and supplies necessary for student learning.
- Assist the instructor with the supervision of students as they participate in both classroom and work-based / project-based learning experiences, the latter of which often occurs in a lab or industrial setting.
- Keep instructor apprised of any situations that require teacher assistance or intervention.
- Assist in guiding students, when needed, to ensure that they are performing tasks correctly. Will give particular attention to safety and safe practices for utilizing equipment and supplies in lab and classroom environments.
- Provide verbal clarification to students and demonstrate or model, when necessary, a particular skill that is being performed incorrectly.
- May assist in the supervision of career technical student organizations (CTSO) related activities/objectives that are integrated into the curriculum. This will include Skills USA or other designated CTSOs.
- Reinforces the importance of transferable skills by modeling appropriate verbal and non-verbal communications and professional behaviors.
- May perform duties such as making copies of instructional materials; may help set up and take down labs: prepare materials, tools, and equipment for instruction.
- May not perform clerical duties or duties/tasks assigned to students as part of the work-based learning experience other than as described above.
- Utilize knowledge of basic computer / Internet skills to supervise students when engaged in computer-based learning activities.
- May participate in these same duties during special events such as 8th Grade Orientation/Parent Night, CTE Open House, CTSO competitions, etc. when students and instructors are involved.
- Will participate in appropriate professional development for a Lab Technician working in these content areas.
- Assist with managing supply orders for products & services related to the CTE programs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 2019-20 School Year
Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
SALARY: Based on experience.
EVALUATION: In accordance with the State of Michigan laws and policies.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any duties requested by his or her management that generally fit into the job expectations.
Essential Functions of the job as per the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
FRASER PUBLIC SCHOOLS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OR RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, OR DISABILITY IN ITS PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES. THE FOLLOWING PERSON HAS BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE INQUIRIES REGARDING THE NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, 33466 GARFIELD, FRASER, MI 48026 (586) 439.7000.
Revision Date 6/26/19