Posting Date: May 6, 2019
Start Date: August 1, 2019
Deadline: Repost - June 28, 2019
Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School is a private, college preparatory co-educational high school. Our goal is to provide a faith-filled, highly engaging, well-rounded academic experience that allows our students to become critical thinkers and tomorrow’s leaders. The Principal serves as the institutional leader of Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School.
The Principal is the Chief Executive officer of the school. The Principal ensures that the polices, decisions and directives of CMC are realized and works closely with the Advisory Board and Pastor Delegate in formulating policies and setting direction and goals for the school. The Principal’s role is one of leadership, planning, vision, external affairs, advancement and financial stewardship. The Pastor Delegate, with input from the Advisory Board, formally evaluates the Principal on an annual basis.
- Promote a strong Catholic identity and positive morale among faculty, staff, and students.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with faculty, staff, and parents.
- Recruit, hire, develop, retain and lead faculty and staff who are committed to the school’s mission.
- Ensure compliance with archdiocesan policies and federal and state laws.
- Identify and implement best practices in leadership, instruction, and student achievement.
- Provide an orderly school environment which promotes student self-discipline, character development, personal responsibility and accountability, and respect for themselves and others.
- Provide oversight for establishing, assessing and/or maintaining academic accreditation, curriculum content and faculty effectiveness to ensure academic excellence, safety/emergency procedures, admission procedures, academic records, school statistics, school calendar, and daily schedule.
- Develop both short and long range strategic plans consistent with the schools mission
- Work collaboratively with staff and community on fundraising, advancement and public relations
- Manage all school finances and plant operations
- Has the task of ensuring enrollment, retention and long-term growth model
- Be a practicing Catholic who is able to provide a letter of recommendation from parish pastor
- Hold a Master’s degree or higher from an approved program in Educational Administration
- The basic endorsement for a school administrator certificate is Elementary/Secondary Administrator K-12 (Building)
- Hold current valid Michigan Teacher certification with a minimum of 5 years teaching experience, preferable in Catholic education
- Hold catechist formation certification or willing to complete training within the first year of employment
Method of Application:
Send cover letter & resume to: Father Joseph Esper, Pastor Delegate, 9764 Dixie Hwy, Ira Township, MI 48023 or email@example.com