Early Learners (Pre-k) Assistant Teachers (3)
- An Associate Degree (AA) in early childhood education or child development and a valid classroom CDA credential are preferred.
- Experience with children in a preschool setting is preferred, while a love and understanding of young children is required. Interested individuals should be energetic, positive, and able to communicate effectively with both young children and adults.
Reports to: Early Learners Director
Assists:The Early Learners Program is a preschool program serving 3 and 4-year-old children. The assistant teacher aides the Lead teacher throughout the day.
Job Goal: The Early Learners Assistant Teacher agrees to perform duties assigned in a competent and professional manner in accordance with the established policies and regulations of the Board of Education and the laws of the State.
- Assist instructional personnel with the development and presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises.
- Execute duties assigned by classroom teacher in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of the teacher.
- Instruct and assist children individually or in small groups (at teacher request) in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by the teacher.
- Assist teacher in using developmentally appropriate positive methods of discipline which encourage self-control, self-direction, self-esteem and cooperation.
- Implement administrative policies and rules governing students.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, playground, gymnasium, or on field trips.
- Observe students’ performance, and record relevant data to assess progress.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Use instructional materials and equipment effectively.
- Use technology as an instructional tool in the classroom.
- Escort children to and from various locations.
- Be aware and assist with medical and/or physical needs of students as directed.
- Attend required activities and trainings to improve ability in performing job duties.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
Contract starts 2019-2020 School Year - TBD August 2019
Direct questions to:
Deadline: June 22, 2019 by 4:00 pm
How to Apply: Apply online only through the BCPS webpage